Today, Michael Gove has announced that schools with 'Good' OFSTED Reports can apply to become Academies. Historically, Academies were failing schools that by changing to become Academies, by some alchemy suddenly become a good schools (or is it the resources that do it!). What then happens to failing academies? For today, a published OFSTED Report for the Marlow Academy, Ramsgate, serves it with a 'Notice to Improve' - that is to say, the Academy is failing!
News & Blog by Email
Receive all the latest news & blog posts from this site via email. Subscribe now!
New this week
- Duke of York's Royal Military School - Allegations of Cover Up of Abuse
- Simon Langton Girls' Grammar School: Headteacher Resigns following KCC Investigation
- University of Roehampton: Calling all teachers holding Certificates of Education
- Possible new Free Schools in Kent, including Grammar Schools
- A Parental View of Medway Council