A possible indication of the nature of the charges which may be brought can be found in the series of articles I have written previously, most recently here. A number of teachers and ex-teachers who rightly or wrongly believe their careers and in some cases their health have been ruined by her actions will no doubt be watching the case with interest.
Jane Porter ex-headteacher of Whitehill Primary School: Disciplinary HearingWritten by Peter Read
Update: Ms Porter's case has been heard by the National College and she has been prohibited from teaching indefinitely. For full details, see my later article here.
Jane Porter, ex Executive Headteacher of Whitehill Primary School in Gravesham, is facing a Teacher Misconduct hearing in front of the National College for Teaching and Leadership beginning on Monday for two weeks. The NCTL can recommend to the Secretary of State for Education sanctions up to and including prohibition from teaching indefinitely.
Other cases being heard over the same fortnight are for some of the teachers and headteachers involved in the 'Trojan Horse' scandal in Birmingham....
Latest from Peter Read
- Duke of York's Royal Military School - Allegations of Cover Up of Abuse
- Simon Langton Girls' Grammar School: Headteacher Resigns following KCC Investigation
- University of Roehampton: Calling all teachers holding Certificates of Education
- Possible new Free Schools in Kent, including Grammar Schools
- A Parental View of Medway Council
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated.
Basic HTML code is allowed.