Took three days holiday this week in gap caused by half-term between preparing clients for appeals. Naturally there was a sudden outbreak of news including the following, some of which I will cover over the next couple of days:
1) Judd School announces it is considering setting up its own 11 plus tests for 2015 entry.
2) Judd school confirms no successful appeals this year.
3) Two new proposed Free Schools announced for opening in 2014 if approved. Jubilee Primary, in Maidstone, will be run by Jubilee Church. Also the INSPIRE Special Free School will initially have 40 places and be based next to Silverbank Park in Churchill Avenue. Medway Council has worked in partnership with three schools in submitting the bid to the Department for Education: Willimaosn School Trust; Bradfields Special School; and Greenacre School. I don;t have any further details yet.
4) Kent County Council has begun its consultation on the proposed Sevenoaks Grammar School satellite
5) The usual assassins keep putting the boot into the Trinity Christian Free School on the 11 plus website (not sure what it has to do with the 11 plus!) proposed for the same site
6) An OFSTED for Dame Janet Primary Academy in Ramsgate. formed out of Dame Janet Junior and Dame Janet Infants (failed OFSTED) receives shocking OFSTED showing that becoming an Academy is not the solution for everyone.
7) KCC to debate unacceptable delays in preparing Statements of Special Education Need. It is claimed that these are down to failures by the medical services to provide timely appropriate evdence.